OneJustice is an innovative and award winning nonprofit that brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the civil legal aid system. OneJustice works statewide to build the capacity of all components of California’s civil legal aid system to meet the legal needs of local communities and to ensure the availability of services statewide.
Position Description: The Program Director’s primary responsibility is managing the Healthy Nonprofits Program (HNP) to achieve OneJustice’s strategic goals, including directing OneJustice’s Executive Fellowship program and participating in and overseeing HNP consulting projects. Depending on the Director’s skills and experience, the Program Director may also oversee our Californians for Legal Aid program (CLA). The Program Director is a member of the Management Team, working collaboratively to ensure the health, sustainability, and effectiveness of the organization as a whole, and reports to the CEO.
Key Responsibilities: The Program Director’s responsibilities include:
Program Management (85%):
- Providing leadership, support and direction in the development of OneJustice’s capacity building programs to meet changing needs of the 100+ legal services organizations in OneJustice’s network
- Oversight and management of the Executive Fellowship program
- Supervision and support of OneJustice’s HNP and CLA team members
- Management of program department budgets and ensuring compliance with reporting and documentation to funders
Organization-Wide Management and Leadership (15%):
- Strategic planning and strategic plan implementation
- Organizational fundraising and resource management
- Acting as an ambassador for OneJustice and its programs with external stakeholders and funders
- An equity mindset (awareness of the inequities that exist at multiple levels from the personal to the systemic) and demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Extensive project management experience with proven ability to deliver results
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff
- Emotional intelligence and a problem-solving approach
- Commitment to legal aid/public interest work required
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary depends on the level of experience and ranges from $74,240 to $105,200 plus additional salary for supervision responsibilities.
- Benefits include health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays - including a full week off during the winter holidays), flexible spending account for qualified health, childcare and commute expenditures.
- Professional development support including annual professional development plan and funds.
- To apply, please visit: https://onejustice.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37
- Applications must be received by 5pm on March 16, 2021.
- In the online application system listed above, please submit the following information: 1) a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position that describes relevant work and/or experience; 2) your resume; 3) three references; and 4) a response to the following question:
OneJustice serves highly diverse communities in our clients and in the broader legal services sector. To ensure that our agency is best positioned to serve these communities, OneJustice strives to promote an evolving set of behaviors and attitudes amongst our staff, as well as policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with our communities. We see this as a commitment to enhance the provision of our services to all clients and nonprofits and to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. Please address in your cover letter how your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural competency and diversity amongst our staff. Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.
- To promote social justice and best serve our various communities, OneJustice is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and providing culturally competent services. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups, as well as bilingual and bicultural candidates, to apply.